Friday, October 28

Drawing: SugarGoth

Alright, this is my entry for Kerli and Sugar Pill Makeup contest. Basically it's a girl (an interpretation of Kerli) looking out to see her magnificent garden/ ocean view from afar. I didn't know whether to make her like a fairy queen/ princess so I left that part out but I am reconsidering also I want to try to draw some translucent wings since I have not done it. Oh well, I have submitted my entry and we will see how it goes, I know there are plenty of amazing artists out there. 
SugarGoth Oct 2011

Anyways Halloween is coming up and I'm not going to do anything but hand out candy and hope that no one will come cause I loooove my chocolate.

Yes I know there's no pupil on her, I try to put some pupils and lighting on her eyes but without it, gives it more of an supernatural/ethereal feel to it, hence why it's not there. There's a lot of components in this image that I had never actually try before like:

- Braids (fishtail in the picture)
- Ruffles and lace (I know the lace is shotty but hey, it's hard =P )
- Gothic window/ castle (I have yet to do a scenery image)
- Rolled up hair (think Marie Antionette)
- Tree (that was the easiest from the whole image)

Conclusion: I'm proud of that I have done for now, I have learned a few techniques through this (especially hair, I love it) and I will probably not like it after a week. My other drawing, the WIP one, is still incomplete since I had a new task to do this (there was a due date). I will finish it soon but I'm in no rush since I got other businesses to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment