Friday, October 28

Oh Halloween

As we all know, Halloween is coming in just a couple of days. I'm excited even though I'm not actually going to do anything because well, I'm lazy =P. Actually I will be handing out candy/chocolate.

Halloween is the time of embracing the darkness, what's wrong with that? From the ghouls, monsters, demons, magic, witches, evil and everything else in between, Halloween is fun. The air is colder, the fog is coming and going, the street lights are coming out earlier, sun is setting faster, the night is longer and darker. Then we have the people, majority in costumes, some scary, some cute (especially the kids/babies), teens and young adults are playing with fireworks, candy is everywhere and pranks. Some people will want to scare, other will be scared. Now we got what's on TV and the big screen, it's time for those recent horror films and classics to be played, funny thing is that this year there's not that many horror films out this time but there's always Paranormal Activities. I've notice there's more of a historical feel in movies this time like Three Musketeers, Anonymous, Rum Diary, and others. But that doesn't matter, the TV Halloween specials are just as good or the classics.

Anyways back to my point. Halloween.

Darkness, magic, it's like a fantasy in real life, it's the day where we may be someone other than ourselves, we can go back in history or to the future or our favourite animals/characters. It's a time to enjoy and get our heart racing which is always fun.

One thing I notice about myself, is that I have not been tapping into my darker self. Mainly my darker self is more confident, notices things around her that no one else does, she feels like she can rule the world and control anything that she wants to, she tends to care about no one and nothing, her emotional state is controlled and she's not afraid. I miss her really, I have been in this stupid rut for too long now and I know I need to get out, things change, people leave, memories fade but there's always new adventures/discoveries, fun adaptations. So thank you Halloween for reminding me of a darker but fun place to be or to tap into.

Another note: I'm trying to write more so I can create this little habit to so I won't become lazy and forget. What are your plans for the night of adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment