Saturday, March 24

YTF!!

Yesterday, my friends from Portland came over because of their spring break and we all decided to go to YTF. It's a show that consists of youtubers (like NigaHiga, ChesterSee, AndrewGarcia and so forth)

Unfortunately, Kevin wasn't there. DAMN. And apparently he won't be there until the second leg of the tour so yeah.

Anyways, I had fun, they were good being that the started the show half an hour later. NOT HAPPY about that. But I'll post pictures. Later on the day, gotta do ma hair =). I will also talked more about the little event I went to.
---
Time for me to write about this little event.

Venue:
Outside.
Mirror Wall. 

All of those lights.
The Stage.

Tickets: 
Our Tickets. We thought that row T was kind of far from the stage, but it wasn't so bad. =)

Stars (Performers):
The show didn't start until half an hour later, BOO! I was not a fan about that. The guys didn't even come out when the show 'started'. They had gather 3 dance crew and we mainly had to pick who we liked best. The first crew (all girls on the left), they were TERRIBLE. Yes, I know getting in front of a crowd and performing can be frightening but YOU didn't back down from it and so you have to COMMIT. The very least is that you could put more effort in dancing. They looked like they didn't care, I did not see any effort. It was bad, (an awful way to open).

Dance Crews.
The second crew was a mix of boys and girls; they were good. They used the whole stage, had levels (rise/ fall), they put effort. They were in sync. The only thing I did not like was their uniform, they just wore a beater, wrote the crew name on it with a sharpie. It did not look good, it was a distraction really. But I like their moves more.

The third crew was a B-boy crew. They were the most uniformed group. The moves was a'ight but it was basically all solos. I did not like that. But they were together and in sync and they gave 100%. In the end, they won the prize. I honestly forgot their names so bare with me.

I stated at the top, Kevin wasn't able to make it to the event. So Ryan was the solo MCer.



The first act was Chester See. He did a little intro, saying stuff and blah blah. The girl in front of my friend was like "TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT!" "GOD DAMN YOU'RE SO SEXY!" "WHOOA!!" She was funny through the whole show. He sang "I'm Falling for You", "Bromance", and "God Damn You're Beautiful".
During "Bromance" (second row, 1st, 4th, and 5th image), Ryan picked out an audience member to join the expand their bromance.

Chester has a beautiful voice. I don't know about you guys but the second image, he kind of looks like Shawn Desman (he's a Canadian singer.) All in all, Chester's set was good.

The next performer was Victor Kim. He was all dressed, suave and smooth. He danced and sing. He sang "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra, "Through Thick and Thin" and "The Gentlemen".
 When he sang "The Gentlemen", Victor brought up a friend from the audience and sang it to her but mostly danced. I am pretty sure most of the girls and maybe guys were jealous of her.  

The next act was Andrew Garcia. He came out bursting, "Somebody to Love". Everyone cheered and sang along. The next song was "Crazy" then he introduced us a new song, we were the first to hear it, "Dumb". 
I was never a fan of Andrew Garcia, never actually heard/listen to him but after this, I am totally going to listen to his music. 

D-Trix was the next. He did a mime act of dance. He did not speak at all during his performance. He danced to a lot of songs, from "N--gas in Paris", "Tearin' Up My Heart", to the little mermaid song. D-Trix did a multiple amount of costume changes, ok, shirt changes. 
I love D-Trix, from being in Quest Crew with Victor and others to a judge on ABDC to his on youtube channel. He's funny but can get serious in an instant. The man can joke and be serious. Kinda like Joker, kidding. 

Of course, having D-Trix on stage, a battle must come out. Best Crew popped on to the stage, shooing D-Trix off the stage. Rave was alone this time, soloing but that's ok. He did well. It was short and sweet. 
Rave then became Ryan and introduce us the next act.

JR Aquino, I was never a fan of his but after the show, I am. Unfortunately my camera started to die, so I could only get 4 pictures but I do have videos of him singing. JRA sang "Thinking about You" which was a cover, "Handle with Care", and "By Chance You and I". 
During his "Handle with Care" performance, D-Trix came out and did a side dance to it. After the song was done. D-Trix was unhappy that JR was hiding a secret talent. JR can dance. He and D-Trix did a number to Rack City.

A couple moments later, the YTF crew came out in their letterman jacket. Except one of them is missing. Chester.
Once we said his name, he came out busting, "NICE GUYS FINISH LAST," and of course we all cheered and sang along but there was mostly SCREAMING. Ryan rapped Kevin's part and it was a good closing to the show. 

After the show, I'm pretty sure the majority of us had a scratchy voice. Too much screaming and cheering. I rest half way during Andrew's to JR's performances.

All in all, it was a good show and we all had fun. So go to YTF to your closest city if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment